SpeedFun Advanced Plus BOSCH + Crank Puller
SpeedFun Ribelle ADVANCED PLUS is a ebike tuning for Bosch engine that allows you to increase the speed of the ebike by removing the block set at 25 kmH. With SpeedFun Ribelle Advanced Plus, active assistance is increased up to 60 km/h.
- Max speed setting: you can set the max speed after which the motor stops to help.
- “Anti-theft” function: a sequence of keys can be activated to be entered within 10s of turning on the ebike (each device has its own sequence which is different from all the others). If the sequence is not entered correctly the ebike will turn off and will not assist.
- Torque curve modification: it is possible to choose between 3 different pre-set levels that modify the motor response.
This device is compatible with Intuvia, Purion, Nyon (including new Nyon 2021) and Kiox displays and can be installed on Bosch Gen. 2 (Active, Performance and Performance CX 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020), Gen. 3 (Active Line, Active Line Plus 2018, 2019 and 2020) and Gen. 4 (Performance CX and Performance Line 2020 and 2021).
SpeedFun Ribelle Advanced Plus is a very small device, measuring only 38 x 16.5 x 7.5 mm. It is equipped with original connectors and does not change the characteristics of electrical resistance and water tightness.
The SpeedFun Ribelle Advanced Plus ebike tuning for Bosch always shows real data on the display and can be activated or deactivated by pressing a simple sequence of keys directly from the ebike handlebar control. The activation and deactivation of the device is indicated on the display.
SpeedFun Ribelle Advanced Plus for Bosch thanks to its particular operating algorithm comes into operation when 16 km/h is reached without the cyclist noticing any difference in assistance. It does not intervene in any way at low speeds. This important precaution has been implemented to avoid power losses, failures or “hiccup” operations.
COBI display and SmartHub: the SpeedFun Ribelle Advanced Plus tuning device is compatible with COBI s SmartHub display but only allows the activation and deactivation of the release, all other features cannot be managed.
“Personalized pedaling/assistance personalization” mode: the Ribelle tuning device (both standard and plus) is not compatible with this feature offered by Bosch on Nyon displays (including the new Nyon 2021).
The main features
– Totally invisible externally
– Show real data on display and is compatible with Intuvia, Purion, Nyon (including new Nyon 2021) and Kiox displays
– It can be installed/uninstalled at any time thanks to the original connectors and measures only 38 x 16.5 x 7.5 mm
– Allows you to reach speeds with assistance activated even over 60 kmH
– Easy to install, ready to use, plug and go
– Compatible with Bosch Gen. 2 (Active, Performance and Performance CX 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020), Gen. 3 (Active Line, Active Line Plus 2018, 2019 and 2020) and Gen. 4 ( Performance CX and Performance Line 2020 and 2021)
– Can be activated and deactivated with a sequence of keys
– It self-learns the parameters of the e-bike, stores and maintains the desired settings
– Internal firmware upgradeable to any new algorithms developed by the SpeedFun team (the device must be sent)
Assembly and Use Instructions
Video Assembly Instructions SpeedFun Ribelle on Bosch gen. 4
My E-Bike does not reach the speed indicated on the speedUp website
When we talk about reachable assisted speed we mean the speed beyond which the engine turns off, exactly as it happens when an original e-bike exceeds 25 kmH and you have the impression that the bicycle brakes …
Some speedup devices detach at 50, others at 60, others at 90 kmH ....
There are physical or technical reasons that can intervene and not allow to reach the maximum detachment speed of the motor:
1- Reaching maximum cadence limit (RPM Pedals)
This is the most frequent case and happens mostly (but not only) with Yamaha engines.
In each central engine a maximum number of pedaling cadences is set beyond which the motor stops assisting. This setting is made by the manufacturer of the e-bike (not the engine) with criteria that escape us, can also vary a lot and sometimes be annoyingly low or so high as to be unattainable …
To understand if the e-bike reaches the maximum cadence limit, you can simply check if the maximum speed varies by changing the rear ratio (pinion). The bigger the sprocket used in the test, the lower the maximum speed should be.
The solution is to replace the crown of the engine with a slightly larger one (more teeth) and the improvement will be immediate.
2- Insufficient power
This case is frequent with low power and energy saving city bike engines.
To go at a certain speed it is necessary a certain power (expressed in watts) variable depending on the vehicle, the type of tires, the inflation pressure, the external temperature, the weight of the cyclist, the type of clothing and its size can put more or less aerodynamic resistance …
The watts requirement increases with increasing exponentially squared speed due to friction.
The maximum speed can therefore be given by the fact that the accumulation of watts supplied by the motor plus those supplied by the cyclist allows traveling at that speed and not beyond.
When this situation arises, one simply feels that one cannot go beyond the great effort, but one does not perceive that the motor gives up and goes off doing the "brake" effect.
There is no solution to this problem other than that of a good workout that will lead to more power on your own legs.